What about your 2024 Content Strategy? Fire up a post here or there, it should do…right?
Think again! Social media is a powerhouse waiting to be harnessed, and putting it on the back burner is a missed opportunity. It’s time to kick off the year with a bang and elevate your brand with a strategic social media plan. In this blog, we’re sharing our top tips to help you master social media in 2024. Get ready to make waves and stand out in the digital landscape! Here’s our top tips to master your social media in 2024…
1. Maximize Your Presence On Existing Platforms Before Exploring New Ones
Quality over quantity is the mantra – stick to the platform you can consistently excel on! Resist the urge to be everywhere at once. Whether it’s Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok, choose the terrain where your brand can consistently shine. It’s 2024, the era of scattered, mediocre presence is behind us!
2. Find Your Pattern
Get into your own rhythm! Building your presence is a gradual journey, not an overnight sensation. Instead of overwhelming yourself with a daily posting frensy, find a manageable amount to build from, this could be 3 posts per week. This approach allows you to work on consistency at a pace that suits you. As you find your stride, gradually increase your frequency to 4,5 or 6 posts per week till you a daily post in the bag!
3. Scheduling Ahead Of Time Is Key
Scheduling your content is essential to staying consistent.
Life gets ahead of us, especially during hectic seasons, if you dedicate an uninterrupted hour a week to schedule your content, you liberate yourself from the daily grind of monitoring platforms, and you don’t need to look at it again till next week! An even more effective hack is to work a few weeks ahead, this will ensure you’re always one step ahead of the game and never caught off guard with no content ready! You are aiming for a steady and reliable presence for your audience.
4. Video Dominance Continues
Video content will likely remain a dominant force in social media. Platforms like TikTok and Instagram Reels are expected to grow further. Consider incorporating short, engaging videos into your strategy to connect with your audience. Fortunately, the majority of platforms have embraced video content, allowing you to maintain consistency and not deviate from your preferred platform.
5. Struggling For Ideas? Use Some Content Prompts!
It’s not always easy to think of ideas past sharing photos of your products or services. It’s important to share a range of information on social media, so it’s not just a shopping page. Consider some of the following prompts to help build engagement on your socials and gain lifelong followers!
- Team spotlight series, introduce yourself and the team, show the face behind the page!
- Interactive posts and stories, engage with your following by creating interactive content, this could be as easy as asking if they prefer tea or coffee?
- Client spotlight, encourage your customers and clients to share images of your products of services which you can then use to advertise. A step further, get them to do a product review!
- Sneak peaks and insights, big plans in the pipeline? Little teasers or sneak peaks will be a pop of enigma which will engage your audience so they can find out more.
- Behind the scenes, everyone loves a bit of behind-the-scenes action, it not only humanises your brand, but engages followers on another level, makes them feel like they have a deeper connection with you, encourages a sense of familiarity, trust, and camaraderie.
- Educational content enhances trust in your product and service and credibility in you to deliver it. Become the trusted authority in your industry by offering valuable insights and knowledge to your audience.
- Days of the year is your go to date finder! How did they chip shop know it was national chip day? Days of the year is the website to tell you, about relevant holidays specific to you which can then be converted into content to share!
- Answer the public is a website which helps you understand the common queries and concerns of your target audience. Find out what your audience are asking and answer it in your content!
Navigating social media might seem daunting, but its important to keep in mind, don’t bite off more than you can chew, stay organised, try video (people love it), and most importantly, discover your rhythm and your own voice, everyone loves authenticity! Social media can be a powerhouse for connection and impact when approached with measured steps, strategic planning, and a genuine expression of your brand identity.